Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cable and Les MIserables

About a week ago we shut off the cable. We had been discussing this for a long time, but Aaron really wanted his news back then and we had a show or two we watched. But recently we can get all of that online or on our phones now so off the expensive and ever increasing cable went. I don't know why it was kind of tough to do. I rarely watch the thing in the day and about the only time we watched cable was when The Walking Dead was on and at night before we went to bed. But we did it.

We decided to get an apple tv. Kind of like a roku. So we still have our Netflix and we can stream shows wirelessly from the iMac, so it's nice. I don't think we'll miss it much.  My in laws may be doing the same thing soon because cable is so expensive.  I went to turn in the HD box (we got this when we threatened to cancel last year when our bill was going to jump about 40.00 for nothing, they gave us free HD for a year and no price jump), anywho a lady was in the store saying that her bill goes up but she sees no benefits are added things from it. The customer service rep just said that is just how it is.
They may not last long with that attitude.

So for Les Mis. We finally watched the new Les Miserable over the past two nights.  Thats right TWO nights because IT SUCKED. We forced ourselves to finish it thinking since there was so much hype and raving it must get better. Nope. The Les Mis with Liam Neeson and Uma Thurman, phenomenal movie. I don't mind a musical but literally singing every word was painful. The actors are top notch but they cannot sing, so that made for bad acting and bad singing.  Most of the time it felt like they were forcing words into the music that didn't really match. If I hadn't seen the other Les Mis I'm not sure it would have even come together, there wasn't much character development between Cozet and Jean Valjean nor between Cozet and the beau.  I was really disappointed and bored. Glad I didn't pay to see that in the theatre, I probably would have left.

On a different note I am sure ready for the cold to go and the warm to stay. I'm ready for Easter and the awesome celebration of Christ's resurrection. We decided to start a family tradition this year of visiting a loved ones grave each year on Easter and discussing death and the resurrection. I'm excited to do this. I think this year we are going to visit Aaron's grandpa Haney. I think we can really get the Easter message to our kids this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment