Friday, February 15, 2013

Job and kids

This week I started my "job" if you can call it that, I do get paid and it does take me away from home, tutoring. I am having fun.  So much less stress than the full time gig of teaching, though I really miss that at times too. This week was parent teacher conferences and I was not at all envious of the teachers. Thee weeks are the most tiring. But the kids are great and sweet!! I really miss my girls while I am gone, but it is probably good for them to be with someone else (grandparents) instead of me all the time.

So if we're friends on facebook you may have seen the video of Adalyn walking.  YAY!! I love when they start to walk, life changes a lot, but in a good way (at least to me). She rarely wants to crawl, so she hold onto whatever is in reach to get from place to place crawling if she must. 
I always thought Kayla was quite honoree, but Adalyn is out doing her in that department. About three weeks ago she decided that she was no longer going to eat baby food in the jars.  Only table food. Then she refuses to drink from a sippy cup. What a stinker. But today Adalyn finished all of Kayla's chocolate milk out of her cup. Hmmm....

I know what your thinking all she talks about is kids kids kids!! Well they are my life so...

Kayla is starting to really crack me up. She speaks so well and says things all the time that just make me laugh.  The other day she stood on the table and said "Mom do I look crazy standing on this table?" What? Just had to laugh. Then we were talking about her smoke alarm in her room and how it makes a loud sound, etc.. I was asking her if she was scared of it and she informed me she was not "freaked out." HAHAH! She really likes sharks right now. Her and daddy play sharks and get in boats to get away from them. Also, if the shark is not nice it goes in time out!! HAHA. At least I know she knows what time out is for.  She also has her smarty pants side. She is often in trouble for talking back and she's only 2 1/2. Example:  She won't eat her diner so I tell her to put he drink down and eat or else I will have to take it away so she'll finish eating. Her response would be. "I'm going to take your drink away," I often have to turn away she doesn't see me laugh.  She's a mess. I guess it's all part of the learning process, what's okay and what's not. I think at this stage she's just doing a lot of mimicking so a lot of what I say is being used against me. 


Drinking out of KAyla's cup
And again

Daddy and Kayla playing piano



No comments:

Post a Comment